We are excited for our upcoming 2021 Camp Season. There are a few changes we'd like you to be aware of. Our intention here is protect our campers to the best of our ability please be patient with these changes. Thanks!
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will make changes as necessary. We intend to operate using our best understanding of the policies and procedures released by the IDPH.
Please note that because of the fluid nature of this situation, some or all of these policies may be changed, removed, or added to as circumstances require. We will be in a state of constant evaluation over all of these policies and adjust them as necessary. Additionally, we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any sessions that are deemed to be unsafe due to this virus.
Starting Now/Before Camp
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by
the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to
spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local
governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and
have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Mississippi Valley Christian Service Camp - MVCSC-WIMVCSC has put in place
preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, MVCSC cannot
guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further,
attending camp could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19
and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected
by COVID-19 by attending Mississippi Valley Christian Service Camp - MVCSC-WIMVCSC and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the camp may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Mississippi Valley Christian Service Camp - MVCSC-WIMVCSC employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole
responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to,
personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense,
of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my
child(ren)’s attendance at the camp or participation in camp programming (“Claims”). On
my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue,
discharge, and hold harmless the Camp its employees, agents, and representatives, of
and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or
expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this
release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Camp,
its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs
before, during, or after participation in any Camp program.
The campers will be supervised and if serious illness or injury develops, medical and/or hospital care will be provided. I further understand that in case of serious injury or illness, I will be notified. If it is impossible to contact me, I give permission for emergency treatment or surgery as recommended by the attending physician. I have read and understand the above information.
I give MVCSC permission to record and use still photographs or audio/video recording of myself/son/daughter. I agree and understand that such material may be used in an informational and educational manner for the purpose of promoting MVCSC. I understand that any images of myself/son/daughter will be presented in a manner such that there will be no infringement of my/his/her privacy and that the utmost respect will be shown in the use and presentation of such material.
MVCSC Camp Rules & Regulations
1. Everyone is required to follow the camp schedule
2. No one may leave the camp grounds without the permission of the camp dean
3. The use of alcohol, tobacco, vapes etc. and drugs is strictly prohibited.
4. Sickness or injury must be reported to the camp Dean immediately. Prescription drugs are to be turned in at the First Aid Station at check-in and will be distributed according to prescription directions.
5. Use of automobiles is restricted during camp
6. In matters of dress, MODESTY must prevail. No halter tops, short shorts, bikinis, etc. will be allowed. Wear shoes at all times.
7. Please do not deface camp property. It is your camp too. Help keep it looking nice. Intentional damage or damage due to unnecessary carelessness will result in the camper being charged for the damages.
8. Phones, Radios, video and music players, magazines, comic books, etc. are a distraction to camp. Please leave these items at home. The dean has the privilege of confiscating such items.
9. No camper is ever to be out of his/her dorm after lights out.
10. Please observe boundaries placed by the camp manager
11. Food and drink, except water, are not allowed in the dorms at any time
12. Telephone calls cannot be made without the dean’s permission
13. Stay out of the camp kitchen unless you have clean up duty after a meal
14. DO NOT push the beds together. This is a State Law
15. You get it out, you put it back. You mess it up, you clean it up. You abuse it, you lose it.
16. Keep your hands, and other parts, to yourself.
Dismissal from Camp
The Camp Deans and Mangers reserve the right to dismiss anyone who does not obey camp policies and regulations.
What to Bring:
Clothing: Modest clothing for classes, recreation, evening, rain gear, sweater/jacket. While choosing your clothing for camp, please remember that modesty is the key. Please, no bikinis, short shorts, halter tops, etc.
Bedding: single sheet, pillow with case, blanket and/or sleeping bag
Personal Items: Bible, towels, washcloth, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, hairdryer, sunscreen, notebook, pen/pencil.
Money: Offerings will be taken in older age group camps. We also offer the following items for sale, camp merch, extra snacks and treats.
Medication – will be dispensed by the camp nurse so bring your medicines to registration.
Personal Electronics: including phones may be confiscated. Please do not bring them.
Please ensure all valuable and personal items are marked with the camper’s name.
Not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items
If your child doesn’t pass the swim test, then he/she will be required to wear a life-jacket at all times during swim-time (Certified lifeguards on staff)
Weather conditions are continuously monitored using a NOAA radio
Financial Support The camp is supported by the camp fees and the free will offerings of churches and individuals. If you would like to donate, please see one of the camp staff or mail your tax-deductible gift to the camp